In Europe and other places, trees shed their leaves during autumn as cold weather approaches. Each tree knows when to shed their leaves as a strategy to survive harsh weather conditions.
A family member will take advantage of the fact that you are family – a bond that is supposed to be enduring, loving and respectful – to manipulate and hurt you because they know you will find it very hard to remove yourself because you are family.
Cutting off friends, family members and a bad working environment that brings nothing positive to you may not be easy. When is it enough for you to take the walk? When is it ENOUGH?
It is enough when:
- They turn things around on you, as if their actions are your fault
- Dose their actions speak louder than their words?
- Do they disrespect you at every giving chance?
- You can’t truly be yourself
- You feel entirely responsible for their happiness
- There are trust issues
- You have very little that feels good about the relationship
- When you feel mentally and physically exhausted constantly
Just like the trees, you have to know when it is time to let go.
Relationships are like glass. Sometimes its better to leave them broken than hurt yourself trying to put it back together.
Text and Photo by Sophy Miah